Thursday, November 1, 2007

I have a hard time waking up when I know that class is going to put me to sleep.

Mom, in case you're reading this, I did go to class nonetheless. I mean I do go to class. On a regular basis.

As promised I've grabbed Sam's old digital camera and snapped some shots of our "studio," previously a junk room (still a junk room). We will soon be renovating our "studio" to make it more "studious." I'll post the during and after photos as well. Please note Sam in the bottom right, diligently documenting our ideas, a bag of laundry on the left from when I lived in Dorsey Hall my Freshman year and my old man hat hanging on my makeshift "lightbox," made of antique chairs and a plastic drawer.

As you can see we're working with a limited amount of space and equipment here. In the ultimate Etsy fashion, TealTown is run from home, completely hand made. Notice that there is absolutely no screen printing equipment. That blue thing on the desk was my attempt to get a 4 color station from Craig's List, which amounted to 75 bucks down the drain and 4 hours lost in downtown Cincinnati.

Closeup of the actual screen printing area. A block of wood and a tin foil pie pan holding my jars of ink (which, believe it or not, are 8 ounces each). Also some rubber gloves I swiped from work to keep the ink off my hands, which is more trouble than it's worth. I keep them for aesthetic reasons. Also an original painting I did when I was 16 or 17 for Sam. I'm not a big fan of it but she really likes it.

So, here's the setting for our later installments of 8 ounce. I'm going to get more wood today for frames so there will be some posts on the screen creation process I use. Until then, keep ahold of yourself.

No comments: