Thursday, November 1, 2007

Living the life

I'm now posting several times a day, be sure to scroll down and check out the post on screen printing below, this one's about my life.

I don't plan on making this blog about just screen printing. It's supposed to be a behind the scenes look at all the things we do, but also behind the scenes of the life of a 20 year old guy married to a 22 year old girl. Yes, yes, I really am only 20 and already married let's take a moment and all gasp together.


*GASP!*

Feel better? I sure do.

Anyway, if you're not into hearing about my life, that's fine just tune in for the printing posts. This one though, is about an incredible opportunity that fell into my lap.

Sam discovered that Miami University offers an IMS (Interdisciplinary Media Studies) minor and thematic sequence. Not only do they offer this and great classes that go along with it, but they offer a 6 week course in Dublin, Ireland, the technology capital of the European Union. And not only is there a course in Dublin, but this course involves students being hired by a huge tech company to work on actually solving some of their complicated business issues. When I say huge, I mean it. We meat with the advisor/professor/guy who runs the show today and he said they are having serious talks with Google.

Our apartment for 6 weeks would be located in the heart of Dublin, the Tech Hub, right down the street from the Guinness brewery, overlooking the river. And Google might pay us to be there to boot.

I have never thought about Ireland before in my entire life, but now I'm afraid I've fallen in love with the place.

The moral of the story? TealTown needs to take off like a rocket ship to pay for our tuition and plane tickets. Go back and read the first post, I owned up to the fact that I would be shamelessly plugging our store. There are no secrets here.

1 comment:

BululuStudio said...

I love your designs TealTown.