Saturday, November 3, 2007

The In Crowd

Are people really afraid of their in-laws? Or is that just a stereotype I learned from watching Everybody Loves Raymond? Not that I blame Raymond.

I guess I used to be afraid of them. I'm not sure if they are acting less friggin crazy, or if I'm becoming more friggin crazy.

They came to visit today and we all had an extremely good time. Sam took some family portraits further demonstrating the fact that she really knows what she's doing. We came back here and I spent the rest of the day screen printing. Not because I was trying to avoid them, but because they all were interested. The girls (almost 9 and 11) helped me print them some scarves. Which of course leads us to a new item for TealTown.

We had some nice steak and other miscellaneous dinner items, some nice conversation and we sat around. It's so strange how you can spend all day sitting around and talking. I can't remember a single thing we talked about, but it was great conversation.

I'm so glad that I've cemented my place in this family. No more drifting around feeling like I was intruding, like they were putting up with me just because they had to. I don't feel like I am putting up with them because I have to.

I'm just happy to be married. Everything that has come out of it has made me a better person, even though it apparently makes me sappy.

No comments: