Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I survived Thanksgiving and all I got was this lousy money

Home again, home again. Jiggity jig.

Traveled a few hours to see Sam's extended family for Thanksgiving, which was nice. Except for when we were about 40 minutes away the car broke down, leaving us on the side of a back country road. We were able to get it closer to town, thanks to Sam's dad, who scares cars so badly they work for him. We had to leave it overnight and then Sam's parents went out to get it the next day, and lo-and-behold all it needed was gas.

I don't care what she says, Sam's mother had no idea that was the problem. No idea. How could she possibly have any idea? Actually, I know the answer to that. She didn't. At all.

In other news I was able to get back in the studio and print up some more shirts. We have 5 more designs coming and they all look fantastic.

While at the in-law's we got some extra mo-lahs and I sent out the application and check to officially register our business in the State of Ohio. Soon we'll be doing business under our official name: Teal Town Ink. I'm pretty excited about all this, and you should be too, because once that is done we'll be churning out shirts like there's no tomorrow. And, God willing, making enough money to keep us from going into debt. Woot!

Take a gander at this beauty, the Illustrated Bird. I listed it last night and already got one inquiry into size measurements - the fastest response to any of our designs yet. I can't wait to get the other shirts online. I predict an explosion of interest in TealTown over the next few days.

And by all means, let it come. I need to get into hard core promoting mode again. I slacked off in everything over the last month or so. Promotion, production, eating, sleeping, exercising, school, Guitar Hero. But those few days off really got me excited about having a month off for Winter Break. Although I'm not sure how to run this business and be on break at the same time. I'll just have to make a temporary studio in my parent's basement. Because, you know, all explosive interest in TealTown... and whatnot.

1 comment:

cflorestanis said...

I love this story! I also loved Sam's perspective on her blog on this Thanksgiving adventure. Thanks for visiting my sight and way to go on all your Etsy sales!!!!