Monday, November 5, 2007

The all elusive craft fair

I've been trolling the Etsy forums, searching for some insight into how people find out about these amazing craft fairs. What I found was a lot of people who were doing the same thing.

I also found that people take thousands of dollars worth of goods to shows. Unfortunately our items wouldn't do well at your classic craft fair. I'm not sure, but I assume our items appeal to a younger crowd. In a post asking for critiques of our site the most negative comment was "Your description was a cute story but a little long for those of us with old eyes." That made me chuckle. I'm pretty sure if you have old eyes you're not going to want a shirt with a bright orange octopus on it. Maybe a gift, but I don't see many people buying their Holiday gifts on Etsy anyway.

Luckily today I found an "Indie Art Fair." I'm assuming by "indie" we mean young people with blue hair. And that, my friends, is exactly what I need.

Young people with blue hair. I don't need blue hair, although that would be cool.

Off to class. (I swear, Mom.)

No comments: