Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Something unusual, something strange - called from nothing at all.

Inspired by my life and favorite of Damien Rice's songs. "I'm not a miracle, you're not a saint. Just another soldier on a road to nowhere."

In the song, titled Amie, he asks Amie to sit and tell him hopeful stories of the past. He says "tell 'em like you still believe, at the end of the century there's a place for you and me." If I didn't have Samantha I would undoubtedly be lost. It's hard enough to stay awake with a light in my life like her. Without that I'd have no faith in people, especially not myself.

I love Damien Rice and hate him at the same time. I tried to write music like he does a long time ago and like most amateurs strumming in their bedroom I couldn't strike upon anything near his magnitude. Sam doesn't really like him, and perhaps that makes this an inappropriate tribute, but a tribute nonetheless.

No comments: