Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Packing Up and Shipping Out

I had to fill 6 orders for You Deserve Pie posters today, which I had been neglecting for lack of proper shipping supplies. The first one I sent took me about 30 minutes to package flat, covered in cardboard and then stuffed into a bubble mailer. I figured mail tubes would be much easier and they were.

I went to Staples and grabbed 30 bucks worth of packaging material. It was a little excessive, but I've been trying to figure out how to improve the quality of our packaging. I keep thinking that we need to treat our online store as if it were a storefront. The whole deal. We've got fantastic banners (thanks to Tick) our pictures are slowly but surely being updated to be fantastic (thanks to Tick) but our packaging is still a little lack luster.

I got the mailing tubes and some boxes. The boxes and tubes are kind of expensive, but I think it may be worth the extra few bucks to give a more professional first impression.

I took pictures of the tubes before I mailed them off but the SD card was corrupted or something and when I plugged it into my computer it apparently erased everything, so I don't have those pictures, but I did take some pictures of the finished boxes. My goal is to get a package that Sam would flip out over if she saw it in a store. She's a sucker for packages. I'm not sure if there's any connection to her obsession for Trashy Romance Novels.

No comments: