Monday, January 7, 2008

My House is a Nightmare

We finally decided to buckle down and fix up our studio the way it should be. I got a nice workbench from my parents for Christmas and we're tired of looking at all of the crap piled up in there. It was only getting worse, so last night we tore everything out, threw away a bunch of stuff and made a pile to be donated to the Salvation Army. Of course we have to paint, because that room is a kind of dark maroon color that no longer fits in with the rest of the house, which we've painted in a plethora of bright, funky colors.

Last night Sam says to me "If we get up and get started it might only take a day to paint." It's now past noon and the girl isn't out of bed. I didn't even come to bed last night until after 4am. I spent the whole night working on Wholesale Information. We're looking to help out some fellow Etsy (or any other type) of artists by printing shirts with their original work to re-sell. It took a while to work it all out but I think it's going to be a great opportunity for both our clients and for us. We've been gone for nearly a month and haven't had any exposure, so it'll be good to drum up some interest in our products.

I'm going to have Sam take some pictures as we progress through setting up the new studio so I can put up a series of before and after shots. This is going to be really interesting. No more cardboard box storage, squeezing around an old mattress or printing from a plastic patio table covered with a sheet. If people had seen the studio before our shop, I'm fairly confident no one would have bought anything from us. Luckily we don't run a storefront... yet.

No comments: