Monday, April 20, 2009

"The cool thing is that the tube holds exactly 1.25 ounces, so you don't have to worry about over or under pouring."

The ever-lovely Samantha and I just got back from Decibel, the bar above 45 East, where we were shooting a product demo for the ShotBong. It's an aptly named product that lets you take shots like a beer bong. It actually separates out the liquor and the chaser, so they don't mix.

I'm not sure I get it either, but it was a job. There was a lot of drink talk, and I'm not a big drinker, but the people who came for the shoot seemed to enjoy it. Free drinks, who doesn't enjoy that? So that's two commissioned projects "in the can" as they say in the biz. Craigslist was the best thing that ever happened to my bank account. This is like being at a hands on technical school, but getting paid to do your homework. It's turning out to be a heck of a lot of fun, too.

Today I used the sexy little Panasonic DVCpro HD. Although we weren't filming in HD, this camera makes everything else I've used look like crudely drawn cartoons. I'm uploading the footage now. Should be pretty interesting. The inventor of the ShotBong even suggested we keep in touch for future projects.

Actually, Hans just dropped by the house and gave us a $50 gift card to the Cheesecake Factory and thanked us again for the help. This has to be the nicest guy I've met in a long time... who on Earth would go through the trouble of driving over here to give up a little something extra that we didn't even agree on? Jeez.

In other news, the wedding video is pretty much done. I'm just trying to work out some glitches, and there are quite a few. I hope to get some snippets loaded on Vimeo. I won't load the whole thing because it's 45 minutes long and I'm pretty sure my free Vimeo account wont let me upload a file that big.

It's only 9 oclock and now I'm all jazzed. I wish there was something awesome to do in Oxford that wouldn't require me to spend my newly found wealth.

No comments: