Wednesday, April 1, 2009

30 MPH here I come

Got this pretty little number in the mail today.


Very official looking, complete with stags holding a shield and shiny metallic watermarks. The next step is to get to Hamilton and pay some fees to get this transfered to my name, and then the scooter will be ready to hit Kroger every night for the next 6 months. That is, of course, if I can get her running again. I made the mistake of being lazy and not winterizing properly (read: at all). I had lost faith in getting a title completely and had decided to hawk it this spring. But my lovely wife is tricky, and knows how to put together a bitchin' Christmas present. Sooooo, if anyone wants to take a motorcycle safety class with me, let me know your availability. Don't worry, they provide the motorcycles.

In other news Sam's gallery show in Covington is practically here! I can't believe it. It just came out of no where and BOOM, big time placement in a prime location. I mean, they call this place "the art district" which sounds just snooty enough to be awesome. I'm not sure what to expect once we get there, but I'm sure it's going to be delicious... erm, I mean artistic.

In other other news (today has been a good day) my Craigslist posting just turned to pure gold. Last night I was hired to produce a baseball scouting video for a high school student. His mom has hired me to shoot, edit and publish his techniques and skills for a kind of sports portfolio. It's something athletes have done to show to prospective college coaches and professional talent scouts. Not only that, but she wants photographs done as well, how convenient, so Sam has a job, too. We're even going to carpool. I'm pretty excited about my first real (read: paid) gig in video production. The team is a "select" team, which is for especially talented athletes and word in the dugout is that all the players are going to need similar reels produced. Guess who just got their feet in the door? That's right, we did. God I love the internet. Baseball teams have , what?, at least 9 players? Plus, she's already courting Sam to shoot her other son's football games, and let me know that, over the next few years she is going to need 4 to 6 of these types of projects done for her various children and their various sports. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch or anything but....


*drool*