Wednesday, December 5, 2007

International mystery man

The other day I received our first order from out of the states. Luckily it was someone I've talked to on several occasions so they were patient enough to wait for the shipping to be changed to reflect an international shipping price.

And since we've had a few convos about international shipping in the past (where people promptly stopped conversing with me after I basically told them I had no idea how much it would cost) I decided to break down and do the dirty work to figure out international shipping costs.

Turns out it wasn't that hard. USPS offers a nice online calculation that is accurate. I checked the calculation page before shipping to Canada and it was spot on with what I was charged at the post office. You can find that page here. It's pretty standard to do US, Canada and Everywhere Else. For reference our packages for 1 shit round up to 7oz, mailed in a manila envelope. Our shipping to Canada is about 30 cents more than domestic US, and Everywhere Else is less than double domestic. I checked in the UK, Australia, Brazil and Russia and they all came up the same.

So here's to the weakness of the dollar. Exports are much cheaper these days so hop to it international buyers. It's only a matter of time till we bust out a whole bunch more gold and our dollar goes up. At least that's what we're hoping.

1 comment:

AbbieRoad said...

You know what you can do...when you're shipping a tshirt just regular - to a US buyer, at the post office...(hopefully when there's not a huge line waiting behind you) just ask the guy.."hey just out of curiosity - how much would this package be to ship it to Canada/Germany/Japan?"
they can answer you pretty easily!