Thursday, February 14, 2008

Okay, I'll stop it now

The title "sorry about that last one" on the post immediately before this was meant to signify my move away for verbose self reflection. Turns out I wasn't ready to give that up, but now I am.

We got a request from Still Life, a small hipster's paradise in San Francisco. They are interested in carrying some of our items in their store and needless to say, the prospect is exciting.

Today a girl sent a message inquiring about having some artwork printed for her on tote bags or shirts and that prospect is also exciting. I sent her some info about pricing, hopefully she'll at least respond. The last time I sent anything out I never heard a peep, which made me seriously doubt our prices. Hopefully, though, those other people were just browsing, not actually interested in getting down to business which - let's all face it - costs money. It's a unfortunate evil, the spending of money.

Which brings me to my next point: I should never go out, or perhaps I should go out more often. It had been a long time since the Roberts family ventured out of Oxford and we found ourselves in Colerain with the 815 crew. By the time the trip was over I had spent way too much money, and when I got home I just kept going and spent about that much again. Some of it was for giggles, some of it business. I had an itch to buy something and scratched it so hard my bank account started bleeding. I shouldn't get urges, because I can't control myself. Maybe going out more often would keep those urges at bay, but more than likely I'd just spend more money over a longer period of time. Eh, the new surround sound system is pretty rad in the living room so I think I'll survive.

No comments: