Friday, May 29, 2009

Take One

Sam has been talking with the people from Take One Studios recently. They're a primo videography service in Cinci and they're looking for someone to start taking stills for them. Huge opportunity for her. She also managed to bring me up and get me invited to come to the wedding tomorrow. The only problem is that Patti, the lady who is running this wedding, e-mailed Sam back yesterday and told her that they won't have any equipment for me to use. So that was pretty sucky, but I decided to go to Williams Hall and try to steal a camera even though I'm not supposed to have access to equipment until I get my independent study approved.

I walked in and Glenn was there. I emailed him a few days ago about filling out a recommendation for me to get into the internship class, so as I was sneaking through his office to get into the checkout room, he thought I was there to get my form. So he filled that out for me and I asked if I'd be able to get some equipment and lo-and-behold the guy hooked me up with everything a boy could need. I forgot how awesome these cameras are. There's something about holding a state of the art piece of machinery and putting it to good use that I hope never gets old.

So, in the end, I ended up all geared for the wedding tomorrow. Hopefully Samantha can knock the socks off of these peeps and get herself a job there. That would be fantastic. Also, this could be really get my foot in the door for maybe helping them out over the summer and making some cold, hard clams. If nothing else it'll be fun to use the nice camera again. I've never worked with Sam before, so hopefully we won't spend the whole day ruining each other's shots.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I like to think I am pretty good about staying out of peoples shots a.k.a considerate.