Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Eyeball itches and I'm grumpy

My eyeball decided to spite my face. I had this weird tenderness around my eye for a few days, which I naturally blamed on Sam beating me in the middle of the night.

Turns out something else happened. What exactly, we're not sure. I went to the health center and they hooked me up with antibiotics and antihystemine pills. I'm taking medicine 4 times a day. The doctor said that it "might start to get better in a week," which is not encouraging. My eyelid is about 10 times bigger than it's supposed to be, all red and itchy and irritating. I'm pretty sure the bulbulous growth has consumed my eyelashes. It's pretty bad, but it seems to be getting better. Sam says that when I have my glasses on, it's hard to notice. No one in my classes seems to notice until I mention it, so that could be a good sign. Or it could mean that people can't tell the real me from the Elephantitus me, which concerns me.... there's a difference, right? I mean, I don't look like this all the time, do I?

I've been coping in some new and exciting ways, namely lots of strawberry shortcake. Although I'll never abandon my true coping mechanism: being pissed at the world.


[note: I meant to include a picture of the Elephant man in a light hearted attempt to exaggerate my illness, but I didn't. Not because I couldn't find a picture, they are plentiful, but that shit's way grosser than I remembered.]

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I know what will make you feel better. Fried pickles.